Terms & Conditions
Please take time to read carefully the following terms and conditions for your own information and protection. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the various terms associated with your contract before placing any bookings.
Many of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed [in this brochure/on this website]. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.
1. ContractThese are the terms on which we will make a booking for your travel or holiday requirements. When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the principal(s) or other supplier(s) (e.g. tour operator/airline/cruiseompany/accommodation company) named on your receipt(s). We can book you a package holiday, in which case you will have one contract with the principal, or we can book the services that make up your holiday with different principals or suppliers, in which case you will have separate contracts with each of them. As agent we accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of the principal(s) or supplier(s) or for the services provided by them. The principal’s(s’) or supplier’s (s’) Terms & Conditions will apply to your booking and we advise you to read these carefully as they do contain important information about your booking. Please ask us for copies of these if you do not have them. Our Terms of Business are governed by English Law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you wish to do so.
All travel arrangements which we provide or which are sold through us are not an offer by us to sell any travel arrangements, but an invitation to you to make an offer to the suppliers of the arrangements. We are free to accept that offer on behalf of those suppliers or to reject it.
2. Booking DetailsWhen booking on line please ensure all details are entered correctly, when a booking is made by phone all details will be read back to you. Once you have confirmed these details we will proceed to confirm the booking with the principal(s) or supplier(s). Please check that all names, dates and timings are correct on receipt of all documents and advise us of any errors immediately. Any changes to these details will incur the charges stated below. Please ensure that the names given are the same as in the relevant passport.
The booking information that you provide to us will be passed on only to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements or other persons necessary for the provision of your travel arrangements. The information may therefore be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary and religious requirements. Certain information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies. If you are travelling to the United States, the US Customs and Border Protection will receive this information for the purposes of preventing and combating terrorism and other transnational serious crimes. If you travel outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we will be unable to provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons. Full details of our data protection policy are available upon request.
3. PaymentYou will be required to pay a deposit or make full payment for your booking at the time of booking. Where you only pay a deposit you must pay the full balance by the balance due date notified to you. If full payment is not received by the balance due date, we will notify the principal(s) or supplier(s) who may cancel your booking and charge the cancellation fees set out in their Terms and Conditions.
4. Cancellation & AmendmentAny cancellation or amendment request must be sent to us in writing and will not take effect until received by us. If you cancel or amend your booking the principal(s) or supplier(s) may charge the cancellation or amendment charge shown in their Terms and Conditions (which may be 100% of the cost of the travel arrangements) and you must pay us the cancellation or amendment charge stated below.
5. Insurance1) Many principals/suppliers require you to take out travel insurance as a condition of booking with them. In any event, we strongly advise that you take out a policy of insurance in order to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses. If we have issued your policy please check it carefully to ensure that all the details are correct and that all relevant information has been provided by you (eg. pre-existing medical conditions). Failure to disclose relevant information will affect your insurance.
2) When your booking includes a 'low cost/no frills airline' we will automatically insure you against the financial failure of the principal(s)/ suppliers(s) of your travel arrangements. The cost of this supplier failure insurance is FREE and is taken out on your behalf to provide cover where you would not otherwise be protected when you buy a no-frills flight. Further details will be provided at time of booking.
6. Delivery of DocumentsAll documents (eg.invoices/tickets/Insurance policies) that require to be posted will be sent to you by First Class post. Once documents leave our offices we will not be responsible for their loss unless such loss is due to our negligence. If tickets or other documents need to be reissued all costs must be paid by you. You can ask for delivery by other means subject to the charges stated below.
7. Passports, UK Citizens, Visas & HealthWe can provide general information about the passport and visa requirements for your trip. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. Neither we nor the principal(s) or supplier(s) accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date.
Please take special note that for all air travel within the British Isles, airlines require photographic identification of a specific type. Please ask us for full details.
We can provide general information about any health formalities required for your trip (for assistance please see www.nathnac.org but you should check with your own doctor for your specific circumstances. Passengers must be in possession of a valid passport and necessary visa(s) and health certificates. In case of passengers being refused entry by any immigration or other authority all repatriation costs are to be borne by the passenger. Any passenger booking a flight (with or without a hotel), must provide their full passport number, nationality, start date and expiry date. Failure to provide this information may result in you being charged at the airport by the relevant airline. Travel Empire will not be held responsible should you fail to provide us with the passport information prior to your holiday.
All rates on Travel Empire's website are for UK passengers only. It is very important you carry the right documentation with you such as your passport or equivalent ID card. Travel Empire cannot be held responsible for any problems at the check-in if these documents are not coherent with the restrictions mentioned.
At the time of booking it is the customer's responsibility to advise us of any special mobility requirements for flights, transfers or hotels. Please note however, these cannot be guaranteed.
If you need any more information regarding passports, please check the Identity and Passport Service for more information www.ukpa.gov.uk.
8. Final Travel ArrangementsPlease ensure that all your travel, passport, visa and insurance documents are in order and that you arrive in plenty of time for checking in at the airport. It may be necessary to reconfirm your flight with the airline prior to departure. Please ask us for details at least 72 hours before your outbound flight. You should take a note of any reference number or contact name when reconfirming. If you fail to reconfirm you may be refused permission to board the aircraft and you are unlikely to receive any refund. For further Government travel advice, please visit this website : www.fco.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo
9. ComplaintsBecause the contract(s) for your travel arrangements is between you and the principal(s) or supplier(s), any queries or concerns relating to the travel arrangements should be addressed to them. If you have a problem whilst on holiday, this must be reported to the principal/supplier or their local supplier or agent immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may be reduced or you may not receive any at all depending upon the circumstances. If you wish to complain when you return home, write to the principal/supplier. You will see the name and address plus contact details in any confirmation documents we send you. We will of course assist you with this if you wish - please contact Customer Services. If the matter cannot be resolved and it involves us or another ABTA Member then it can be referred to the arbitration scheme arranged by ABTA, see www.abta.com.
10. Service ChargesIn certain circumstances we apply a service charge for the services we provide.
|Cancellation or Amendment||Principal's charge + £25 per person|
|Special requests after booking has been confirmed||Principal's charge + £5 per person (min £10 per booking)|
|Credit card charge||2.25%|
|Collection of surcharges/additional taxes||Principal's charge + £10|
|Arranging Passports & Visas||Passport/Visa free + £15|
|Pre-booking airline seats after confirmed booking||Principal's charge + £5|
|Delivering tickets by hand||£5 + 50p per mile. min. charge £10|
|Tickets despatched by courier||Cost of courier + £10|
|Tickets despatched by insured delivery||£10|
|International telephone/fax calls||Cost of calls + £5|
|Tailor made itinerary planning||£25 (deducted from confirmed booking)|
|Bookings under £100 in value||£20|
Please note *Telephone Booking Fee
Our online prices reflect large discounts due to the minmial level of staff costs incurred, telephone sales are considerably more expensive to administer therefore all telephone sales will incur a nominal £15 per booking to cover this administative cost.