Holidays to FuerteventuraHolidays to Fuerteventura are a great option at any time of the year, the main attractions here are the amazing climate and the beautiful beaches - the best in the Canary Islands. The island's beaches are quite different; from the impressive sand dunes at Corralejo through to the white beaches of Costa Calma, the largest beach on the Jandia peninsula stretches for miles. Sun worshipers flock to Fuerteventura to bask on these impressive sands, swim in the crystal-clear waters, and try their hand at a wide range of water sports. Every year countless surfers, windsurfers and divers descend on the island. Luxury holidays to Fuerteventura can be found in the many 4 and 5 star hotels located in the islands two most popular resorts with British holiday makers of Corralejo and Caleta de Fuste. In recent years the quieter resorts of south Fuerteventura Costa Calma and Morro Jable & Jandia have also seen controlled development with the introduction of more very good quality hotels.
Resorts - Caleta de Fuste
Holidays to Caleta de Fuste continue to have year round appeal, also known as Costa Caleta the resort lies on the east coast of the island, only a convenient 15 minute taxi ride from Fuerteventura airport. The wide horseshoe shaped beach here is a main feature of holidays here with its gently shelving golden sands making it ideal for children and family holidays. Golfers are also attracted here by the well maintained 18 hole par 70 course. Caleta has a good choice of apartments and hotel accommodation. If you are looking for a luxury holiday in Fuerteventura then there are several top class 4 star hotels here plus the 5 star Sheraton Fuerteventura. more...
Resorts - Corralejo
Holidays to Corralejo remain a firm favourite with UK holiday makers with more and more visitors choosing to holiday in Fuerteventura's busiest resort. The increase in visitor numbers has prompted the development of Corralejo, with new hotels and apartments springing up each year to satisfy this demand. A Holiday in Corralejo has changed over time as the resort has grown from what was a sleepy fishing village into a lively popular holiday resort. The resort however has managed to retain a good proportion of its original charm and atmosphere, and there are still white sandy beaches in the town centre, where you can relax and soak up the Canarian sunshine. The excellent year round climate makes a winter holiday in Corralejo a popular option. more..
Resorts - Morro Jable and Jandia
Set on the Jandia peninsular 100 kilometres from the islands airport on the southern tip of Fuerteventura lie the resorts of Morro Jable & Playa de Jandia. The old fishing port of Morro Jable and the neighbouring new resort of Playa de Jandia have developed over the last few decades so that they have almost merged into one large resort. The glorious beaches stretch for miles and the area is a magnet for beach lovers and windsurfers. The port of Morro Jable is home to a small fishing fleet and several pleasure boats, from here you can also take the jet foil to Gran Canaria. more...
Resorts - Costa Calma
Costa Calma as its name suggests is a relaxing beach resort located in the south east of Fuerteventura, it is around 50 miles (or 80 kilometres) from the island's airport. This purpose built resort is popular with couples and families attracted by the superb beach and the relaxing ambiance of the resort. To the south of the resort is the Playa de Sotavento beach this huge beach stretches all the way (around 12 miles) down to Morro Jable. This beach does get breezy and attracts windsurfers from far and wide. more...
Excursions and things to do in Fuerteventura...
Popular excursions in Fuerteventura include: Take a boat trip - you can have a Catamaran trip with opportunity to swim sunbathe and other watersports. The Island tour- Visit the town of Betancuria, the beaches of Jandia and Pajara and enjoy a stop to taste some local Majorero cheese. Visit Lanzarote Take an organized tour to see the Mountains of Fire in the Timanfaya National Park, see the geysers, volcanoes and visit the Jameos del Agua. If you prefer you could travel independantly and have a day in Playa Blanca or on the beach at Papagayo. Take a camel ride from El Barranco down to the beach. See the Museums on Fuerteventura: Windmill Visitor Centre, Antigua Mill Craft Centre, Betancuria Archaeological and Ethnographic Museum, Tefía Artisans' Village, Morro Velosa Viewpoint, Casa de la Cilla, La Oliva. Sports include; golf, deep-sea fishing, jet -ski, sailing, mountain biking, windsurfing, and scuba diving. Families enjoy the water parks of Corralejo, our favorites are...
(1) Fuerteventura Grand Tour - Discover the Island on the grand tour which typically starts in Corralejo with a English speaking guide on a fully air-conditioned bus.
(2) Fuerteventura Beaches - Fuerteventura offers wonderful golden sands, explore some of these amazing sandy beaches - a beach lovers paradise.
(3) Lobos Island - Lobos Island is just 2 kilometers from the main Island with ferries leaving Corralejo harbour which takes 15 minutes. The island is appreciated for its transparent waters and the lovely restaurants.
(4) La Lajita Zoo (Oasis Park) - This is a small zoo located in La Lajita, the zoo has hippopotamuses, giraffes and over 200 species of birds. The zoo also has Camel Safaris and a botanical garden.
(5) Baku Waterpark - The waterpark is the only one on the Island and is in Southern Corralejo. The waterpark is a popular place for families with children as there are a variety of attractions including slides, jacuzzi, wave pool, and a sand built solarium. Also the water-park has a separate kids area as well as bowling and miniature golf.
(6) Submarine Safari - The submarine safari is a great excursion for marine lovers as they get to see the ocean's hidden beauties. The trips usually depart from Corralejo & Castillo.
(7) Sport Fishing - The sport fishing tour runs daily, you will be sailing with 5 professional fishermen. The 5 hour fishing trip includes all equipment and food & drink on-board.
(8) Ferry to Lanzarote - The ferries run daily from Corralejo to Lanzarote's Playa Blanca resort. Holidaymakers will take the 25 minute crossing to spend the day enjoying all Lanzarote has to offer including fantastic beaches, shops and restaurants.
(9) Dolphin Safari - The Dolphin Safari is a great experience to sail together with the dolphins in the crystal clear waters on the northern coast. The tours include food and drinks as well as snorkel equipment, cruising and insurance.
(10) Jeep Safari - Another great way to explore the Island and not to mention how much fun the Jeep safaris are! The tours include Hiking, swimming in the blue lagoon and a Canarian lunch included.